“The statement of Guiding Principles for the Federal Acquisition System (System) represents a concise statement designed to be user-friendly for all participants in Government acquisition….1.102 Statement of guiding principles for the Federal Acquisition System."
- The vision for the Federal Acquisition System is to deliver on a timely basis the best value product or service to the customer, while maintaining the public’s trust and fulfilling public policy objectives. Participants in the acquisition process should work together as a team and should be empowered to make decisions within their area of responsibility.
- The Federal Acquisition System will
- Satisfy the customer in terms of cost, quality, and timeliness of the delivered product or service by, for example—
- Maximizing the use of commercial products and services;
- Using contractors who have a track record of successful past performance or who demonstrate a current superior ability to perform; and
- Promoting competition;
- Minimize administrative operating costs;
- Conduct business with integrity, fairness, and openness; and
- Fulfill public policy objectives. “ FAC Number/Effective Date: FAC 2005-89-1 / 08-15-2016
The Office of Federal Procurement Policy released
governmentwide guidance on interagency acquisitions with specific requirements for the content and format of Interagency Agreements. In accordance with OFPP guidelines, the Interior Business Center developed a standard format for Interagency Agreements. This page contains the specific information and templates that are needed to begin the acquisition process with IBC.